The SHRM Annual Conference and Expo is just around the corner and we are so excited for it! SHRM22 will be held in New Orleans and virtually from June 12 through the 15, and as huge HR nerds, there is so much we are looking forward to!
What is SHRM22 all about? It is the HR conference. There are over 200 sessions this year that will give in-depth insights into all things HR and help you stay ahead of the curve in the industry. This conference is for every HR professional, no matter where you are in your career!
Here’s what we are looking forward to at SHRM22!
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, or DEI, is a topic near and dear to our hearts. When you have a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is treated with respect plus feels comfortable sharing ideas and being themselves, it improves your workplace culture by leaps and bounds!
SHERM22 has 57 different sessions on DEI where you can discover best practices for building and engaging an inclusive and diverse workforce where everyone can thrive. Implementing good DEI practices allows you to tap into the full potential of your employees. Further, diverse teams are more innovative and make better decisions. This leads to a great employer brand that attracts top talent and improves the bottom line for your company and shareholders!
Here are a just a few of the sessions we are looking forward to on DEI:
- On LGBTQ+ Inclusivity: Everything You Need to Know About Building LGBTQ+ Inclusion in the Workplace
- On Empathy: Creating Empathy Through Conversation
- On Improving Employer Brand: How to Attract and Retain HR Talent and Enhance Your Employment Brand via the SHRM Ecosystem
- On General Inclusivity: Beyond Picture Perfect Diversity: How to Create a Culture of Inclusion
Remote and hybrid work is a big part of the future in the workplace. But building a good workplace culture for remote and hybrid workforces can be challenging. And that is why we are so excited to see the many sessions specifically on this workplace trend.
Having good communication practices, a diverse workforce and a strong workplace culture is just as important for your remote/hybrid teams as for your in-person teams, if not even more so. This is because of the nature of working remotely. When you improve these aspects of work for your remote employees, you’ll find that they are more productive while still feeling connected to their co-workers and the organization.
Here’s a few of the sessions on remote work that we are excited about:
- How HR Teams Communicate in an Era of Remote Work
- Building an Amazing Virtual Work Culture: Start Where You Are, Use What You Have
- Do’s and Don’ts of an Inclusive Hybrid Workplace Culture
The Great Resignation
The Great Resignation is a phrase we’ve all heard. We actually like to refer to it as the Great Reflection. Why? Because people had time over the pandemic to reflect on what was meaningful to them in their work and personal life. Many people decided that their current job wasn’t serving them well or giving them what they truly want out of their career. And that is why people are changing jobs.
But that of course comes with lots of upheaval for organizations, making HR teams very busy. So how do we deal with all this major change? We have some thoughts on that, but we are so happy to see SHRM22 covering this important and timely topic!
Here’s some of the sessions we are looking forward to:
- The Most Critical Metric Employee Resource Groups can Share with HR Teams to Combat the Great Resignation
- Stay Awhile! Retaining Top Talent Among the Great Resignation
- Case Studies: Cutting Turnover 20% and More During the Great Resignation
Workplace culture is what we are all about! And this year, SHRM has 84 sessions on workplace culture, empathy and work-life integration! Wow!
Why is workplace culture so important? It touches every aspect of the work your employees do, how they interact with one another, the productivity of your workers, their creativity, the inclusivity of your workplace and even the mental wellbeing and happiness of your team! If your employees aren’t happy at work, if they don’t feel that they fit in or “mesh well” with their co-workers or supervisors, if they feel uncomfortable sharing their ideas, they won’t be able to do their best work, or worse, you’ll have high turnover rates. Simply put: workplace culture has a huge impact on your bottom line and employee retention.
Here are just a few of the sessions we are excited to see at SHRM22:
- Empathy: The New Work Culture Norm
- 10 Mistakes Employers Make When Hiring People with Autism, and How to Do Better
- Talent Management Imperatives – Connecting Your People, Culture & Outcomes
Not only are there amazing sessions happening but some pretty cool keynote speakers this year! This year’s lineup includes HR experts, a former President, CEOs and media execs.
Here’s who you’ll see on the Main Stage:
- Melissa Anderson; SHRM Board Member and SVP, Chief Human Resources Officer for Albemarle Corporation
- Bruce D. Broussard; President and CEO of Humana
- Former President George W. Bush
- Arianna Huffington; CEO of Thrive and founder of The Huffington Post
- Timothy S. Huval; Chief Administrative Officer of Humana
- Jonny C. Taylor, Jr.; President and CEO of SHRM
- Maribel Perez Wadsworth; President of News at Gannett Media & Publisher/USA Today
Come See Us!
We are so excited to see people again! Are you attending SHRM22 in person? Come see us at our booth! We believe culture matters in the workplace–and we have the data to back that claim up! Our culture fit assessments help improve your recruiting process by giving you more information on your potential candidates. And when you have more information, you make better decisions!